Savoury Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
If you need a simple comfort food to try, check out this savoury stuffed spaghetti squash. This is so delicious and I know you won't resist this.
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 small red onion
- ½ medium green pepper (green capsicum)
- 10 baby carrots - quartered
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup water
- 14 ounces tomatoes - diced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese - grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place cut-side down in a baking dish. Fill the bottom of the dish with water to about 1 inch deep. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until squash is softened but not completely cooked.
- While squash is baking, brown ground beef in a large skillet, add onion, green pepper and carrots. Continue cooking until vegetables become tender. Saute garlic and cook for about a minute. Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian Seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer until liquid is evaporated.
- Dump water from your baking dish. Turn squash halves over so they’re cut-side up. Fill cavities with tomato mixture. Bake the squash for about 35 to 40 minutes, until squash is cooked through. Top with cheese and put back in the oven just long enough to melt cheese for about 5 minutes.
Calories: 457kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 31gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 616mgPotassium: 1694mgFiber: 12gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 2623IUVitamin C: 49mgCalcium: 240mgIron: 6mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.