I really love the filling of a sloppy joe but feel I can never find the perfect bun for them, so instead, I wrapped it up in puff pastry and it was perfect! They turned out as my delicious Sloppy Joe Hand Pies.
Sloppy Joe Hand PiesPrint Recipe
- 1 package of puff pastry
- 1 pound of beef mince
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Vinegar-based hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of 6 pepper steak seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of chipotle seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, brown and season the mince.
- Push the mince to the sides, creating a space in the middle to cook your onion and carrot.
- Once softened, incorporate with the mince.
- Then put a large squeeze of ketchup and mustard. Mix well.
- Next, add a dash of hot sauce and soy sauce.
- Taste and add any of the sauces you find lacking; you want a mixture that is not too loose so you can quickly spoon it onto your puff pastry.
- On a large cutting board, lay out your dough and divide it into even portions, the dough gives me six pieces, but it will vary.
- Spoon a portion of meat mixture onto your dough, and then top with a small mound of cheese.
- Fold up the dough in the shape you prefer; this time, I did both triangles and open boat shapes, and we prefered the open boat shape with the cheese being exposed as they baked better.
- Bake according to the package instructions.