I love cabbage rolls. If I could eat these rolls every day, I would! So, as much as I can, I try to explore different variations of this dish, just like the Swedish Cabbage Rolls I am currently obsessed with.
Gourmet Swedish Cabbage RollsPrint Recipe
- 1 cabbage head, preferable with large leaves
- 500 grams of organic beef mince
- 2 cups of cream
- 1 cup of vegetable or beef stock
- Soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the whole cabbage head and water in a large pot and bring to shimmer. It is essential to cover the entire head with water and ensure that the cabbage does not break. When the cabbage is soft, please remove each leaf and place it on a tea towel. Keep a cup of water from the pot for the gravy.
- Mix 2 cups of rice and 6 cups of milk, and simmer at low temperature until it is a thick rice mixture. (like a porridge).
- Mix the mince, salt and pepper in a separate bowl, then slowly mix in the rice mixture; the mixture should not be super thick; milk can be added if necessary.
- Refer to the image to roll long meatballs with the mixture and wrap them in cabbage. Put the baking dish in the oven at 225 degrees, put some butter on top of each one for a golden colour.
- Now it is time for the gravy; place 2 tablespoons of flour and a couple of tablespoons of butter in a small pot, and let the butter melt to a light brown mixture; be careful, so it does not burn.
- Add the cabbage water, cream, soy sauce, stock cube and pepper and whisk until you achieve your preferred thickness.