I created one of the most delicious dinners I’ve made for ages the other night, so I just had to share: healthy tortilla roll-ups.
Mexican food is ideal for weight loss: it’s full of zingy fresh herbs and healthy fats like avocado. Go easy on the cheese, sour cream and carbs, and you’ve got a healthy, tasty, easy meal. Look at all those fantastic colours on the plate.
This Zingy Tortilla Roll-Ups recipe takes about 10 to 15 minutes to throw together: you won’t believe how quick and easy it is. It is full of veggies and has some lentils hidden in the mince mixture: those fussy eaters will never spot them!
Zingy Tortilla Roll-UpsPrint Recipe
- Beef Ingredients
- 400 grams of ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 packet of Mexican spice mix
- 1 400-gram tin of lentils, drained
- 1 400-gram tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 small tub of tomato salsa
- Corn Salsa Ingredients
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Big handful of coriander, finely chopped
- Assembly Instructions
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 veggie sides of your choice
- Grated cheese
- Put a large fry pan on medium heat. Add beef/onion/garlic: stir until the mince has browned and the onion has softened.
- Add the spice mix to the pan, and cook for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the beef mixture ingredients to the pan, stir well, and let it simmer over low heat.
- While your beef is simmering, mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and prep your veggie sides.
- Heat your tortillas (I zapped ours in the microwave for 30 seconds) and grate your cheese.
- Lay a tortilla on a plate, and spoon in 1/8 of the beef mix. Sprinkle on grated cheese. Roll up. Fill half the plate with veggies and corn salsa. Repeat for remaining plates. Put leftovers into containers straight away to avoid the temptation to gobble it all up!