Sausage rolls are all the rage on the land down under. I try to make it regularly as all family members enjoy it so much. And here’s my go-to recipe for easy Australian sausage rolls that no one in the family resists.
Easy Australian Sausage Rolls Recipe
These sausage rolls are my favourite! These are so yummy and so easy to make. Check out the easy recipe here.
- ½ cup water - hot
- 1 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 pounds ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley)
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- Mix together the sausage meat, beef, onion, desired seasonings, ground fennel and Italian herbs in a large bowl.
- Blend well, then place the mixture into an icing piping bag (or a freezer bag with a corner snipped off).
- Roll out the pastries and cut them in half. Pipe the filling along one edge of each sheet of pastry.
- Roll the pastry over the meat twice (or until the meat is fully encased in the pastry). Cut slits at the top of each pastry and brush them with a beaten egg.
- Place the sausage rolls to a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Calories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 5gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 77mgPotassium: 73mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 6IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!