Bacon Burgers with Paleo Honey Rolls
These Bacon Burgers with Paleo Honey Rolls were such a hit, so I decided to share my best secrets and tips for making the juiciest patty you’ll sink your teeth into.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large sweet potatoes - peeled and sliced into fry-size strips
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix up the seasonings and ground beef in a bowl. Form into 2 patties (or more if you like them smaller).
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around the burgers from top to bottom, pressing the ends together to stick.
- Place the burgers on a rack on top of a baking sheet with the ends of the bacon pieces facing down. Cook for about 20 minutes, then flip the burgers.
- At this point, melt the coconut oil in a bowl and add the seasonings. Then, add the sweet potato slices and mix to make sure each fry is coated. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet (you will probably need two, to ensure that no fries are touching) lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven to cook with burgers for another 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- To crisp the bacon up a little bit, turn on the broiler (the burgers should be on the top rack and the fries on the bottom). Let the broiler hit the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side. The heat should help to finish cooking the sweet potatoes, too.
- Add the slices of cheese and let cook for about 1 minute, just to melt it.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve.
Calories: 1029kcalCarbohydrates: 93gProtein: 61gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 2025mgPotassium: 2126mgFiber: 15gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 51191IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 377mgIron: 10mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!