Burgers are one of my favourite foods. I used to enjoy the convenience of fast-food drive-thru’s and thought the burgers were delicious, but thankfully I have moved on to real food. Burgers are tastier and healthier when made at home, just like these grilled turkey burgers.
Another problem with buying burgers at fast-food restaurants are the prices. The burgers are not as cheap as they used to be, and those meal deals can add up. Of course, you could buy a burger from the dollar menu, but the quality is poor, and they don’t taste delicious.
The other day at the grocery store, I noticed that a pound of ground beef was up to $4.99. Since the beef wasn’t on sale, I asked the butcher for another option, and he suggested ground turkey. I was a little sceptical because I was craving a beef burger and wasn’t sure how grilled turkey burgers would taste, but at a sale price of $3.29 a pound, I was willing to try it.
After some prep work, my husband threw the turkey burgers on the grill. Then we sat down to try them and guess what? They were unbelievably delicious! This got me excited because not only did I save money by using ground turkey instead of beef, but they were also a lot healthier for us.
Here’s how you can make some delicious grilled turkey burgers.
Easy Homemade Grilled Turkey BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of 85% lean ground turkey
- 1 pack of hamburger rolls
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 to 2 handfuls of seasoning blend
- Condiments of your choice
- Place the ground turkey into a bowl. Add 1 or 2 handfuls of seasoning blend.
- Mix the ground turkey and seasoning until well blended. Hand form (or use a burger press) four patties equal in size. Cook the burgers on the grill until the centre becomes firm. The patties are tasty when cooking them on a stovetop or under the broiler. Build your burger using the condiments of your choice.