This Special Ground Turkey Meatball Soup is perfect for serving during cold days. It is what I cook when I want my family to get satisfied. It’s a healthy recipe that you can make when you have guests over.
Special Ground Turkey Meatball Soup
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 medium carrots - peeled
- 2 cans tomatoes - diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal
- ½ medium sweet potato - grated
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Melt your fat in a large pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Throw one can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste and carrots in a food processor and purée.
- Add tomato/carrot mixture to your pot. Add chicken brother and the other can of diced tomatoes, bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While your soup is simmering, in a medium bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients. The meatball mixture is going to be soft and difficult to form into meatballs. I prefer to use a cookie dough scooper and just plop the meatballs into the soup!
- Once meatballs are in the soup, simmer (covered) until the meatballs are cooked throughout and are no longer pink for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add spinach to the soup and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve hot!