Start a fiesta in simply 15 minutes with this passionate Turkey Taco Soup! This one-of-a-kind take on a Mexican-inspired traditional burst with flavors and appearances. Made with colorful veggies and lean ground turkey, this soup dish makes certain to warm up the heart. (Got leftovers? Slim it out by adding more broth or water when reheating.)
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Tortilla chips
Filling Turkey Taco Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ medium yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum) - diced
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - 85/15 lean
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 28 ounces tomatoes - diced
- 15 ounces black beans - reduced-sodium, accredited gluten-free if essential
- 15 ounces corn kernels - licensed gluten-free if necessary
- 4 ounces green chilis (green chilli in British English)
- In a large pot, warm oil over medium-high warmth, add onions and garlic and cook until they soften.
- Add the bell pepper, and continue to cook until they soften.
- Add ground turkey, as well as cook until it starts to brown.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, and add tomatoes, beans, corn, and chilis. Bring it to a boil. Lower heat to low, and also simmer up until ready to eat.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips if desired.