Start a fiesta in simply 15 minutes with this passionate Turkey Taco Soup! This one-of-a-kind take on a Mexican-inspired traditional burst with flavors and appearances. Made with colorful veggies and lean ground turkey, this soup dish makes certain to warm up the heart. (Got leftovers? Slim it out by adding more broth or water when reheating.)
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Tortilla chips
Filling Turkey Taco Soup
If you love turkey tacos and soup, you'll surely love this turkey taco soup recipe we got for you. This quick-and-easy recipe will be an instant hit to your family.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ medium yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum) - diced
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - 85/15 lean
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 28 ounces tomatoes - diced
- 15 ounces black beans - reduced-sodium, accredited gluten-free if essential
- 15 ounces corn kernels - licensed gluten-free if necessary
- 4 ounces green chilis (green chilli in British English)
- In a large pot, warm oil over medium-high warmth, add onions and garlic and cook until they soften.
- Add the bell pepper, and continue to cook until they soften.
- Add ground turkey, as well as cook until it starts to brown.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, and add tomatoes, beans, corn, and chilis. Bring it to a boil. Lower heat to low, and also simmer up until ready to eat.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips if desired.
Calories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 27gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 637mgPotassium: 936mgFiber: 11gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1621IUVitamin C: 44mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!