Delicious Mutton Keema Recipe
If you love Indian food, I'm sure you'll love this mutton keema. This dish is so heavenly i know you'll keep craving it.
- 800 grams ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 3 small tomatoes - finely chopped
- ½ large onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- ½ inch ginger - crushed
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 300 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander) - chopped for garnishing
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Boil water in a cooking pot.
- Add bay leaves, garlic and minced lamb and boil the mixture for 10 minutes. Then, drain water.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet. Fry cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves until you get a fragrant smell. Add garlic, ginger, green chillies and onions and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add the boiled minced lamb and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, half garam masala, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- stir-fry the mixture for four minutes as per the mutton keema recipe
- Add green peas, tomatoes, salt and pepper to this keema mutton recipe. Mix evenly that the ingredients are evenly spread out.
- Stir-fry for another 3 minutes when moisture in tomatoes is fully absorbed. Add the other half of garam masala.
- Stir fry for another 4 minutes to make lamb keema curry. Garnish the mutton keema with the chopped coriander leaves.
Calories: 1224kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 35gFat: 116gSaturated Fat: 31gPolyunsaturated Fat: 43gMonounsaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 248mgPotassium: 697mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 679IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.