Being the “Fit-chick,” I always like to make something as healthy as it is yummy. So I prepared this skinny ground chicken enchilada casserole recipe at my last home match.
This easy crowd-pleaser is perfect for feeding a crowd with what you have on hand. I always have leftover tortillas, and all of these other items should be staples in any cooks kitchen.
Skinny Ground Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups ground chicken (minced chicken) - boiled breast
- 1 can tomatoes - diced
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese - 1/3 less fat at room temperature
- 1 can corn - drained
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 4 medium flour tortillas - low carb cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup black olives - chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the chicken, diced tomatoes, half of the enchilada sauce, salsa, seasoning, cream cheese, corn, and black beans in a large bowl. Combine.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce into a bowl. Dip tortillas into the sauce and lay them on the bottom of the baking dish. Put some of the mixtures over the sauce, spreading evenly. Repeat another layer of tortillas and then the mixture. End with tortillas.
- Top with cheese and put into the oven, and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Enjoy!