I tried this Chicken and Quinoa Enchilada Casserole recipe on a relaxing night with wine and girlfriends a few weekends ago. It is super easy to make and warms the heart. We also added sautéed zucchini and squash on the side, sprinkled with salt, pepper, oil and chilli powder to compliment the casserole.
Chicken and Quinoa Enchilada CasserolePrint Recipe
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 chicken breast, minced and cooked
- 1 can of mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can of chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup of canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 avocado halved, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions ( you will probably use most of the bag) and set it aside to mix with other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and oil an 8×8 dish. Combine quinoa, chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chilli powder. Stir in cheese.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Place in oven and bake until cheese is golden brown on the sides and bubbling for about 15 minutes.