I tried this Chicken and Quinoa Enchilada Casserole recipe on a relaxing night with wine and girlfriends a few weekends ago. It is super easy to make and warms the heart. We also added sautéed zucchini and squash on the side, sprinkled with salt, pepper, oil and chilli powder to compliment the casserole.
Satisfying Chicken and Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 breasts ground chicken (minced chicken) - cooked
- ½ cup corn - drained
- ½ cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes - diced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions ( you will probably use most of the bag) and set it aside to mix with other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and oil an 8×8 dish. Combine quinoa, chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chilli powder. Stir in cheese.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Place in oven and bake until cheese is golden brown on the sides and bubbling for about 15 minutes.