The Paleo Diet has similarities with the gluten-free diet. Both have gained plenty of attention in recent years, and these two types of diets are generally used to improve health. The Paleo diet is geared towards helping people reduce their risk for chronic diseases and even lose weight, while the gluten-free diet helps prevent food intolerances and allergies. But why choose between the Paleo diet and the gluten-free diet when you can have the best of both worlds? Yes, you can certainly do so. Let’s start with some awesome Best Paleo Chicken Chili Verde Recipe that we’re pretty sure you and your family will enjoy.
This gluten-free Paleo Chicken Chili Verde is a ground/minced chicken recipe and very easy to prepare. It takes about 12 minutes prep time and just 25 minutes to cook.
Best Paleo Chicken Chili Verde Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - lean chicken meat, organic without skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 large jalapeño - finely chopped
- 2 cups white onion - chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin - ground
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (coriander) - ground
- 1 cup carrots - diced
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - diced
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum)
- 1 cup celery - diced
- 1 can tomato - 14-ounce, diced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - 28-ounce
- 1 can Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America) - 15-ounce
FOR THE SPICES YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
FOR GARNISH OPTIONAL:
- 4 pieces bacon - crumbled and fried
- 2 medium avocados - diced
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and when it’s already hot, saute onion and garlic. Add the chicken and cook until it’s brown. Add the tomatoes (including the sauce), jalapeno, bell pepper, celery, carrots and all the spices.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for 10 more minutes. Add the garnish and serve. You can also use this Paleo chili recipe using a crockpot.