I have been craving for a good pasta dish, and I remember cooking this Cheesy Ground Chicken Pasta Bake years ago. I was so obsessed with this baked pasta because it has everything I want for a pasta dish. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Cheesy Ground Chicken Pasta Bake
Homemade Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium white onion - finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 14 ounces tomatoes - whole and peeled
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Pasta Bake Ingredients
- 2 cups ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - homemade
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare your mis-en-place: dice onion, mince garlic, slice sausage, and open tomatoes and paste cans.
- Boil a large pot of water on your stove and cook pasta al dente. The pasta will finish cooking in the oven. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and diced onion to a large skillet on medium heat. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, basil, salt and a few twists of pepper. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, then add the chicken. Simmer for another 5 minutes, then add spinach and give it a few stirs to allow spinach to wilt.
- Add pasta to the sauce, stir to coat, and add half the mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle with ¾ cup of grated cheese of choice. Pour the remaining mixture into the dish and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the top is slightly brown and crusty.