I recently received a request to make this Rich and Creamy Baked Chicken Spaghetti for dinner. It’s based on a recipe found on kraft.com, although this version is slightly different so that it is gluten-free and a little saucier. In addition to being a saucy pasta recipe, this is a great way to use minced chicken.
I learned that many people had had Baked Chicken Spaghetti Recipe as a childhood favourite. The rich, creamy sauce is fantastic, and this is comfort food at its best.
Rich and Creamy Baked Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound spaghetti - gluten-free
- 1 medium yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum) - chopped
- ½ large onion - chopped
- 4 large mushrooms - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese - processed, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 10 ounces tomato - with green chillies undrained
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- ½ cup peas
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the Gluten-Free Whisk Bliss with the water in a medium saucepan based on the package direction. Stir in the poultry seasoning.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the Barilla Gluten-Free Spaghetti per the packaged directions, making sure the pasta is a bit al dente because it will continue to bake in the oven.
- While pasta is cooking over medium heat, sauté the finely chopped bell pepper, onion and mushrooms in the olive oil until veggies are tender. Add the minced chicken.
- When Gluten-Free Whisk Bliss is done, stir in the cheese cubes. Once the cheese melts, stir in the Rotell diced tomatoes.
- After pasta is cooked, drain pasta and place it back into the pot. Stir in the sauce over the noodles. Mix in the chicken and green peas, and pepper.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.