Following on from my other lasagna post, I thought I would share a recipe with you that I cooked this week. I was going to do Chinese meatballs and stir-fry, but I didn’t buy anything for it as I had most of the necessary ingredients in the cupboard already, so I thought I would share my slow cooker Mexican tortilla lasagne instead.
Slow Cooker Mexican Tortilla LasagnePrint Recipe
- 8 tortillas
- 1 pepper
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- 250 grams of beef mince
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of coriander
- 284 ml of sour cream
- A good chunk of grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in and saute the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the mince, pepper and mushrooms and cook until the mince is cooked.
- Add the cumin, chilli powder and oregano and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, sweetcorn and coriander and stir.
- Layer the tortillas and sauce in the slow cooker, starting with the tortilla and finishing with a layer of sauce.
- Cover it with a lid and cook the lasagne on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before the end of the cooking time or you’re due to serve, mix the sour cream with half of your cheese and spread it over the top of the lasagne.
- Serve and eat!