You all probably know, or maybe you are just about to learn that “Paleo” food doesn’t include dairy, which means no cheese! So for this recipe, we’ll put it under the category: “Primal.” What we’re about to explore is a lasagna recipe, yes, PRIMAL LASAGNA!
Healthy Primal LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 1 pound Italian chicken sausage
- 1 diced onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 zucchini squash
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 12-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 can of black olives
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Take a deep dish skillet, place on high and put olive oil, onion and garlic inside the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Afterward, place your ground beef and sausage into the skillet until brown and cooked all the way through.
4. Once the meat is cooked, pour diced tomatoes and tomato paste inside the dish with the meat and mix well.
5. Use a mandolin slicer to cut your zucchini into “lasagna noodles” and lay across the bottom of a baking dish.
6. When your first layer is put down, place a thick layer of meat on top and sprinkle cheese and olives on top. Add another layer of zucchini and repeat. Shove into your oven covered with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. When your lasagna is done baking, let it cool for 10 minutes. When your tasty dinner has cooled, cut it into squares and enjoy! This is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!