A few years ago, a friend of mine shared this recipe in our MOPS newsletter. I was really excited to try it because we love lasagna, but I was all for an easier version! This lazy lasagna recipe is perfect for those days when you’re gone all day swimming and want to come home to a meal already prepared.
Pull some pre-made garlic bread out of the freezer, and you are all set! I like using my crockpot more in the summer because it keeps me from having to turn the stove on-which causes our air conditioner to work even more complicated.
In my menu planning post, we talked about cooking up extra ground beef to pull out of the freezer for later. Having some already-cooked ground beef in the freezer is the only thing that could make this lazy lasagna recipe even easier!
Lazy Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 32 ounces spaghetti
- 8 ounces. Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 16 ounces Cottage cheese
- Brown beef and drain grease.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Stir spaghetti sauce into ground beef.
- Layer one-third of the sauce/beef mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker Top with half the noodles, followed by half the cottage cheese and half the mozzarella.
- Layer half the remaining sauce, followed by all the remaining noodles and cheese. Top with the rest of the sauce.
- Cover and cook the lasagna on low for 3 to 4 hours.