Sometimes I wonder if people in Mexico are happier than the rest of us just because they get to eat Mexican food every day. This Gratifying Pan De Burritos recipe is one of my favorites and it’s among the best burrito recipes I have ever tasted.
Gratifying Pan De BurritosPrint Recipe
- 10 soft tortilla wraps
- 2 cups of finely shredded cabbage and carrots
- 1 tin of mild chili beans
- 500 grams of beef mince
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup of grated Mozzarella
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed
- 1 cup of stewed tomatoes
- 1 green chili, seeds removed and sliced
- Fresh coriander
- 50 grams of lite sour cream
- 1 lime, cut in half
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a large oven pan and sprinkle a little of the cabbage mix so burritos won’t stick.
- Mix the avocado with the garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper, and juice of half a lime and spread evenly on all tortillas.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on all tortillas.
- Put a little coriander on all tortillas.
- Distribute remaining cabbage mix overall tortillas.
- Sprinkle about half of the mozzarella over all tortillas.
- For vegetarian burritos, add chili beans, sliced chili, and red onion before rolling up.
- Heat a frying pan for the meat filling, add mincemeat, and let it brown a bit.
- Add sliced onion, salt, pepper, cumin, chili beans, and 1/2 cup of tomatoes.
- Add bay leaf and sliced chili to taste.
- Let simmer until almost all sauce has gone.
- Evenly spread meat mixture over tortillas, top with a bit more coriander.
- Roll burritos and place them snuggly in the oven pan.
- Spread the remaining tomato on top, drizzle with juice from the remaining lime, and put the used lime pieces in a pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake the burritos in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is starting to brown and tortillas become crispy on top.