So not only does this ragu with pappardelle inspire dancing and general kookiness, but it makes a ton, so there’s plenty for freezing, is SO EASY and genuinely tastes great. Check out this very easy recipe you can make during those cold nights.
Easy Ragu With Pappardelle
Try this easy ragu with pappardelle when you want a quick recipe you can make to fill yourself up easily. This is an easy recipe you can make at home.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion - finely chopped
- 1 large carrot - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil - chopped and divided
- 1 pound ground beef - lean
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean
- 1½ cups red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 28 ounces passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- In your very biggest pot, heat olive oil over medium heat, add prosciutto.
- Cook prosciutto, occasionally stirring until it begins to crisp.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery, salt and pepper to taste and saute until veggies soften, for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add your meats, break up with a spoon, and cook until no longer pink for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Next, add the wine and let it boil away until most of it is gone (you may need to adjust your heat here), stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, basil and Italian seasoning, stirring to incorporate.
- Taste it, then add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Lower the heat and let simmer gently, stirring from time to time until everything has become nice and thick, roughly 20 to 30 minutes (you can certainly let it go longer if you have the time, it can only make things tastier).
- While the sauce is bubbling away, cook your pasta.
- Serve pasta topped with ragu and copious amounts of shredded cheese, and if you’re going to go all out, hot crusty bread and olive oil.
Calories: 454kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 36gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 592mgPotassium: 872mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1887IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.