This crunchy taco pie dish is so good that you’re going to love it. I could eat it every day. It’s such a comforting snack that it can also serve as a complete meal.
This taco pie is best for sharing. I think that makes the whole experience even better. I love how festive it looks and how filling it is. It has been a go-to snack for me, and I always ensure I have the ingredients at home so I can prepare it anytime I crave it. I honestly love how simple it is and how satisfying it tastes.
Crunchy Taco Pie Recipe
This taco pie is the ultimate late night snack. I like having this for myself, but I suggest to have it shared as this has generous servings.
- ½ pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 medium egg
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (also called thickened cream)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese - shredded
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup yellow onion - chopped
- ⅓ cup green pepper (green capsicum)
- ⅓ cup salsa
- ¼ cup jalapeños - diced
- 1 handful iceberg lettuce - chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk eggs, heavy cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of your taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Grease a small deep dish baking pan. Mine is 8×8 inches.
- Sprinkle your Pepper Jack cheese in half to cover the pan’s bottom.
- Pour in your egg mixture over your cheesy bottom.
- Make sure you speed even.
- Place in 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for about 20 minutes.
- Chopped your onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño
- Ok, grab your skillet. Turn the burner on to medium. Add your 1/2 pound ground beef to the skillet and chopped onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño.
- Remember, jalapeño is optional!
- Brown protein if using a ground beef drain.
- Return to skillet burner off. Add 1/2 teaspoon of your taco mix, stir into the protein mixture and then add 1/3 cup of salsa.
- Remove your crust from the oven; it should be firm but not hard.
- Spread protein mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of your Pepper Jack and your Chedder Cheese on top.
- Place back in the oven for about 10 minutes, give or take.
Calories: 553kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 30gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 24gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 1329mgPotassium: 385mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2062IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 549mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.