Seriously? Cheeseburger Hash? I know it’s so basic and simple and comforting, filling, cheesy, and delicious! And not just any man food, one of the best meat and potato meals I’ve made. If you’re still using boxed or canned stuff – please, I beg of you, turn your life around today and DIY. You will love yourself for it, your man or your woman will love you for it, and your kids will love you for it too.
Delicious Cheeseburger Hash
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - super lean
- 3 medium tomato - fresh, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion - finely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1-2 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon salt - to taste
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper - to taste
- Brown ground beef and salt generously (with kosher salt) and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1 cup tomatoes. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally. Drain mixture.
- In the meantime, chop the potato into 1-inch cubes—Fry in a skillet, seasoning with seasoned salt, until tender and crusty. Allow potatoes to drain on paper towels. After draining, pour the meat mixture into a bowl and add 1 cup of shredded cheese, ketchup and mustard. Add another tablespoon or so of chopped onion and another 1/4-1/2 cup fresh tomatoes. Taste and add a little seasoned salt if necessary.
- Return the meat mixture to the stove and add a few tablespoons of water. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and simmer for 5-10 more minutes. Spoon into bowls, add a little shredded cheese, tomatoes and onion. A couple of sunny-side-up eggs might not hurt either!