This is a great Swedish old-world recipe for venison potato sausage. Believe me when I say, “once you serve this, it will be requested again and again.” Be prepared to be begged to make this venison recipe again and again; it is that good. Make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My families favorite meal with this venison recipe is breakfast; once cooked, it is seared with butter in a cast-iron skillet then served with eggs made in your favorite manner, toast or pancakes on the side.
Serve venison potato sausage by itself with hard rolls or your favorite bread and beverage. I feel that milk served with this meal is a must; unless you are lactose-intolerant. Fry the venison potato sausage in a skillet with butter; brown it to a light golden crust, then serve hot with your favorite eggs, toast, jam and beverage. Yum!
I bag the cooked potato sausage with a food savor – date it, and freeze it. Now I have instant venison meals to use at any time. Everyone will want more of this excellent venison potato sausage recipe.
Swedish Venison Potato SausagePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground venison
- 1 pound of ground pork sausage or your favorite breakfast pork sausage
- 2 pounds of peeled and ground potatoes
- 1 large onion, ground or finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of coarse ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash’s Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese style five-spice
- Mix all ingredients well, just like you were making meatloaf.
- Put it in 2 bread pans; evenly divided.
- Now, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake your potato sausage for approximately 60 minutes or until all pinkness is gone. Be careful not to overcook this great venison recipe.