I made these Turkey Enchiladas a couple of times, and I’m glad I have perfected them! I’m psyched to share this recipe with you so you can make them for your family and friends, too! This is a quick-and-easy recipe that you can whip up in minutes.
Easy Turkey Enchiladas
I love enchiladas and I whipped up this turkey enchiladas recipe that you can make in minutes. Read on to learn how to cook this quick recipe.
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - fat-free
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- ⅓ cup Colby Jack cheese - shredded
- 1 medium tomato - chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the meat and onion in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside once cooked.
- Melt butter in a skillet and then add garlic. Sprinkle in flour and cook for 30 seconds while constantly stirring.
- Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and then let cook for about 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of tomato mixture. (Add optional fresh tomato chunks to the tomato mixture at this point.)
- Combine meat and tomato mixtures. Place a tiny bit of the mix (a few tablespoons) on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place 3/4 cup of mixture in a tortilla and then roll up and place seam side down in dish.
- Repeat until all meat and tomato mixtures are used up and then top with reserved tomato mixture and cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cool slightly before serving.
Calories: 431kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 36gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 1129mgPotassium: 744mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 788IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 193mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!