These Easy and Tasty Lamb Burgers are absolutely delicious. They are a wonderful variation of traditional hamburgers. So, whether you’re looking for an alternative use of ground lamb or just want to try a different twist on ground beef burgers, this is a wonderful treat.
Easy and Tasty Lamb Burgers
- 8 ounce Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- 2 pounds ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup white onion - finely chopped
- ½ cup oatmeal - Quaker Oats
- 8 medium hamburger buns
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 large red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 small bottle ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- Gently mix all ingredients.
- Shape ground lamb into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Broil each side 4-5 minutes for Medium well doneness.
- Add lettuce, onion slices , ketchup, and a lamb patty to each bun. There is no need for cheese with these lamb burgers, but if you absolutely think you must have some, I recommend Feta crumbles melted on the patty.