These Moroccan Spiced Lamb Meatballs are fragrant with cinnamon and cumin, studded with sweet golden raisins and salty bits of caper. It’s so good. I’m sure you will find yourself cooking this every week. It’s made of lamb, so the meat is a little gamier and juicier than beef or pork.
Savoury Moroccan Spiced Lamb Meatballs With Cinnamon and Cumin
Try this Moroccan spiced lamb meatballs with cinnamon and cumin is you want some interesting kick to your boring meatballs.
- 1 pound ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 1 small white onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - diced
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (chilli flakes in British English)
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro - for topping
- Get all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix until just combined.
- Portion out golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Preheat your largest skillet over medium heat with a healthy slick of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the meatballs, don’t crowd, let sizzle.
- Brown, each side, then cover the pan to let them cook through—alternatively, finish in the oven for 10 minutes at 350degrees.
- Serve meatballs hot with your chosen sides. Top with a shower of herbs and sesame seeds and many drizzles of pomegranate molasses.
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!