This Sesame Chicken Soba Noodle Salad recipe is a keeper because of its versatility. It can be a warm or cold dish, an easy crowd-pleaser for a pot luck or aside in an Asian feast. It’s best if you put it together and let it get happy in the fridge for a while, so the flavours mingle and intensify. I love doubling the salad recipe, portioning it out, and eating it for lunch during the week. It’s light, filling, and packs lovely flavours.
Amazing Sesame Chicken Soba Noodle Salad
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger - grated
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup ground chicken (minced chicken) - precooked
- 1 bunch green onions - sliced
- 2 medium carrots - peeled and sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- Boil the noodles according to the package.
- While the noodles are a-boiling, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and sriracha (if using). Set it aside.
- Drain the noodles and quickly toss them with the sesame oil. Add in the vinegar mixture, the chicken, the carrots, and the green onions.
- Toss with well and make sure you get the veggies mixed in there thoroughly (it’s a bit tough to do, as you’ll see).
- Finally, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and cilantro (if using).