The other day, I was watching a movie that involved Sloppy Joes. I’d prefer not to disclose the movie’s title (for fear of embarrassment), but I will tell you that it made me crave a Sloppy Joe. And this is the recipe for turkey sloppy joes that I came up with. I hope you enjoy preparing this as much as I did.
Turkey Sloppy JoesPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of organic tamari (or soy sauce)
- 4 hamburger buns or rolls
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste and cook as you stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook (while breaking up with a spoon) for 4 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes, agave nectar, apple cider vinegar, and tamari.
- Cook for 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve on buns or rolls.
- Try not to make a mess.