Ladies and Gentlemen, I have found the answer to my weekly pasta cravings! These Lasagna Stuffed Shells are absolutely to die for. I love regular lasagna and even zucchini lasagna, but these individual shells top the list by a long shot. I used Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce, which turned out to be better than most homemade pasta sauces I have tried to make in the past.
Lasagna Stuffed Shells With RaguPrint Recipe
- 24-30 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound of ground turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan, divided
- 1 23-ounce jar of Ragu Homestyle Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot, boil jumbo shells to al dente, according to package instructions. Meanwhile, add olive oil, garlic and onion to the large frying pan. Cook until garlic and onion are fragrant for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in sausage, 1/2 teaspoons of parsley, salt and pepper and cook until browned, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pasta shells from heat, drain water and refill with cold water. Set shells and cold water aside.
- Combine ricotta, eggs, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, remaining parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Stir in sausage.
- Prepare a 13×9 baking dish by lightly coating it with non-stick cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Drain pasta shells. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill shells with ricotta and sausage mixture. They should be full! Line the shells in the baking dish, packing them next to each other with filling side up. Once all shells are full and in the baking dish, pour remaining pasta sauce over shells and then top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with tin foil and bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until pasta sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.