Scrumptious Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole
I have always been proud of my chicken parmesan meatball casserole. This is a must try recipe if you love meatballs so much.
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese - grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 cranks ground black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese - shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- Get a large pot to cook the pasta, as constructed on the package. (1 minute less than the directions state would be even better).
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and, with moist hands, mix them together until well combined into meatballs. Heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and put them in for 20 to 25 minutes. Bake until they are all well and brown and no pink in the centre.
- When the meatballs are cooked, remove them from the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add half of the pasta and the meatballs into a baking dish. Top with the mozzarella cheese and shredded Parmesan. Repeat layers. Add some Italian seasoning and bake them for about 20 or 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve as it is or on top of the pasta.
Calories: 426kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 37gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 1739mgPotassium: 1263mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1142IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 490mgIron: 5mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.