I made this Scrumptious Middle East/American Style Hamburger Helper dish last night, and it came out so delicious I had to share the recipe. I couldn’t help myself but have two enormous bowls for lunch today!
This Scrumptious Middle East/American Style Hamburger Helper Recipe may sound new to you, but trust me! This pasta dish is so easy to perfect. I know you’ll kill it on the first attempt! It’s what happened to me because it’s that simple, and the ingredients are primarily available already in your kitchen. So go on and check out the delicious recipe below.
Scrumptious Middle East/American Style Hamburger Helper Recipe
- ½ medium yellow onion - chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - 93% lean
- 1 box penne pasta - whole wheat
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 cup tomato - sliced
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese - fat-free
- 1 medium lemon - juice
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In the meantime, add olive oil to a frying pan and heat the onion. Once translucent, add garlic, tomatoes and spices (Arabic spices, curry, cardamom, and oregano). Cook for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and sprinkle in some salt and pepper (optional). When pasta is done cooking, drain, then stir in baby spinach until it wilts.
- Throw in cooked beef, mix in some lemon juice and parsley (save some parsley for garnish. Plate the hamburger helper and top with parsley and 1 ounce (small pinch) of non or low-fat cheese. Enjoy!