Some fresh, soothing and hearty, baked comfort food like this Beef Tortilla Bake can make even the worst days extra special. This is an easy recipe you can make to show off your cooking skills with your friends and family. They will surely love this beefy snack as much as I do!
Beef Tortilla Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 2 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Cilantro minced
- 1 can green chillies drained
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- Preheat a skillet. Then, cook the ground up onion and beef till the beef turns light brown. Get rid of the excess water.
- Add in the tomatoes, spices, seasoning, and enchilada sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After the time is up, add over half of the meat sauce into a baking dish and set aside.
- Take some foil and wrap up the tortillas before warming them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Take out the warm tortillas and spread cream cheese on each one. Add chillies for that extra kick.
- Fold the tortillas in half and spread them out on the meat sauce you set aside before. Pour the rest of the sauce on the top.
- Cover the baking tray and place it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take out the tray and spread the shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Place the tray back in the range for 5 minutes until it melts.
- Spread cilantro on top and serve hot and piping!