This recipe of Wild Rice Curried Meatloaf is flavorful and moist. It’s made with wild rice, which has an earthy flavour. And the mango chutney on top works perfectly with the curry through the loaf.
Wild Rice Curried Meatloaf
Wild rice is packed with protein and fibre and loaded with antioxidants. Adding wild rice not only makes this a more healthy meatloaf, but it also adds in some great flavours that you’re going to love.
With this recipe, you’ll be able to provide your family with a wholesome and nutritious dinner that is also easy to make.
Wild Rice Curried Meatloaf With Mango ChutneyPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 4 cups of cooked wild rice
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger (minced)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of walnut oil (olive oil is fine too)
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 large egg beaten
- jar of mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for around 30 seconds before adding the celery, onion and zucchini for about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for a further minutes before stirring through the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Place mixture in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- After the mixture has cooled, add the ground beef, wild rice and egg and mix together well. Add the mixture to your meatloaf tin and spread about half a cup of mango chutney in an even layer across the top.
- Cook for 75 minutes – the temperature of beef should be at least 160°F/72°C.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Serve with some extra chutney on each serving.