Start a fiesta in simply 15 minutes with this passionate Turkey Taco Soup! This one-of-a-kind take on a Mexican-inspired traditional burst with flavors and appearances. Made with colorful veggies and lean ground turkey, this soup dish makes certain to warm up the heart. (Got leftovers? Slim it out by adding more broth or water when reheating.)
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Tortilla chips
Turkey Taco SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound of lean (85/15) ground turkey
- 1 1-ounce packet of taco seasoning
- 1 28-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of reduced-sodium black beans (accredited gluten-free if essential)
- 1 15-ounce can of corn kernels (licensed gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 4-ounce can of green chilis
- In a large pot, warm oil over medium-high warmth, add onions and garlic and cook until they soften.
- Add the bell pepper, and continue to cook until they soften.
- Add ground turkey, as well as cook until it starts to brown.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, and add tomatoes, beans, corn, and chilis. Bring it to a boil. Lower heat to low, and also simmer up until ready to eat.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips if desired.