I made these turkey quinoa meatballs with roasted tomatoes because I love how both complement each other. It’s just so good when served together. I learned this from a family recipe, and it’s an open recipe that each one in the family tweaks to their preference. And here’s my version of it.
Turkey Quinoa Meatballs With Roasted TomatoesPrint Recipe
- Turkey Quinoa Meatballs Ingredients
- 3 pounds of ground turkey thighs
- ½ cup of sweet onion, diced finely
- ¾ cup of quinoa, cooked and cooled
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of Flavor God Everything Spice
- 1 egg
- Roasted Tomatoes Ingredients
- 5-7 medium-size vine tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball (mine were slightly larger this time), place in a 9×13-inch baking dish or baking sheet (I lined with parchment paper).
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; if you are unsure if they are cooked all the way through, cut into a larger meatball in the middle of the pan to make sure the centre is not pink. You may need to cook another 5 minutes or so.
Roasted Tomatoes Instructions
- Slice tomatoes to ¼-inch thick or slightly thinner. Place baking sheet with parchment paper and brush the empty baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet, squeeze as many sliced tomatoes onto the pan as possible (they shrink down when they bake). Brush with olive oil and sprinkle salt.
- Cook in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the tomatoes look a little wrinkled and slightly dry.
- Top the meatballs on the bed of tomatoes upon serving.