Want to know the secret of spicing up your ordinary lettuce wraps? The key to it is using ground turkey meat! That’s why I’ll share with you this Turkey Lettuce Wraps recipe that I’ve been making more recently. The turkey meat adds so much more flavor, texture and boldness, making it a more hearty dish. It’s also pleasantly easy to make! Check out the recipe below and get to it.
You can add sliced asparagus, broccoli or your favorite veggies to the mixture if you want some different textures; add veggies after adding the sauces and cook for a few minutes.
These Turkey Lettuce Wraps are addictive and so easy to make; we have them constantly. You can also start mixing up the extra ingredients to make it more Latin or Mexican inspired (this is excellent taco filling, too!).
Turkey Lettuce WrapsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of water chestnuts, drained and quartered
- ¼ cup of yellow onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup of scallion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup of Hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup of sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Iceberg or Boston lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- Chili flakes, to taste
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil and cook the turkey meat over medium-high heat until fully cooked and starts browning, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, yellow onion and desired amount of chili flakes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add Hoisin, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce & vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes, frequently stirring on medium heat.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Add water chestnuts, mix well and remove from heat.
- Cover to stay warm.
- Spoon the mixture in lettuce leaves and top with scallions.