I made these Turkey Enchiladas a couple of times, and I’m glad I have perfected them! I’m psyched to share this recipe with you so you can make them for your family and friends, too! This is a quick-and-easy recipe that you can whip up in minutes.
Turkey EnchiladasPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of fat-free broth (beef, chicken or veggie)
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup of shredded jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook the meat and onion in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside once cooked.
- Melt butter in a skillet and then add garlic. Sprinkle in flour and cook for 30 seconds while constantly stirring.
- Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and then let cook for about 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of tomato mixture. (Add optional fresh tomato chunks to the tomato mixture at this point.)
- Combine meat and tomato mixtures. Place a tiny bit of the mix (a few tablespoons) on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Place 3/4 cup of mixture in a tortilla and then roll up and place seam side down in dish.
- Repeat until all meat and tomato mixtures are used up and then top with reserved tomato mixture and cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Cool slightly before serving.