This turkey enchilada cornbread casserole is a super easy dinner to throw together and isn’t all that bad for you. It will make 6 servings unless you are really, really hungry. It has 347 calories and 9 grams of fat.
I have a note on ground turkey since we were talking about this tonight. I’m a HUGE fan of ground turkey breast in place of ground beef in almost everything. My two exceptions are burgers (even though I love a good turkey burger, they don’t have the same taste) and meatballs or meat sauce when it comes to spaghetti.
Turkey Enchilada Cornbread CasserolePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce
- 1 can of pinto beans (Organic)
- 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 1/2 cups of corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1 egg (Organic)
- 1/4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- To start, brown the ground turkey breast.
- While browning, thaw the corn and mix the corn, egg, milk, and corn muffin mix in a bowl.
- Once the meat is done, mix together the kidney beans and enchilada sauce and place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Lastly, spread the cornbread mix on top of that.
- Bake this at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is browned.