I have to admit that any time I see a recipe with ‘Szechuan‘ in the title, I have to give it a try – there’s just something cool about the name. This recipe of Szechuan Beef Stir Fry is pretty simple but has some great flavours running through it.
You can make it as spicy as you like – I tend not to go too heavy on the hot stuff, but if you want some kick with your Asian dishes, feel free to go ahead and add some more red pepper flakes.
Szechuan Beef Stir Fry is a Versatile Dish
Szechuan Beef Stir Fry is a dish that can be easily mixed and matched with different types of food. You can add this to any noodle, pasta, rice or sandwich. This dish has the perfect balance of spice, sweetness and saltiness, making it so tasty regardless of what type of food you are consuming.
Szechuan Beef Stir FryPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust according to your own taste)
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of green onion sliced
- In a large pan or skillet, add some oil brown and separate the ground beef. Drain away excess juice and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan. Saute the onions when the oil becomes hot. Add in the garlic, ginger and red pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the broth and cornstarch and whisk until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Pour the broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan with the onions and other ingredients. Add the soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Stir the mixture and bring it to a boil. Add in the ground beef mixture and stir through.
- Serve the dish with your favourite pasta or noodle, with some green onions on top for garnish. I like angel hair noodles, but it works well with pretty much any noodle or pasta.