I just made the best pork stir fry I have ever made. I wanted to make something a little bit like a Thai version of lettuce wraps, except without the lettuce. So, I made this simple Basil Pork Stir Fry that you may cook at the comfort of your own home.
Spicy Basil Pork Stir FryPrint Recipe
- Main Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 tablespoon of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 5-ounce can of water chestnuts
- A splash of oil
- A handful of basil
- 3 or 4 chopped green onions
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of chili-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- Mix all your sauce ingredients.
- Now, chop up the garlic, ginger, and water chestnuts.
- Heat the pan on medium-high, drizzle some oil in there, and toss in the garlic, ginger and chestnuts. Cook until the garlic and ginger become fragrant for about a minute.
- Throw the meat in the pan, make sure it is cooked well.
- After it’s cooked, stir in the sauce, making sure everything is coated thoroughly. Do that for a minute or so, turn off the heat, toss in the green onions and basil and enjoy!