Honestly, this Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs recipe will not be your go-to on nights when you don’t want to wash dishes, but this comes together pretty quickly and is quite tasty. This will surely be an instant hit in your family if they want a hearty and delicious spaghetti dish for lunch and dinner!
Spaghetti and Turkey MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled and 3 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound of plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/3 cup of marinara
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 12 ounces of ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces of uncooked spaghetti
- 1 to 2 ounces of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray, then toss onion, whole garlic cloves and tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the veggies start to char. Stir them after about 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Spoon tomato mixture into a food processor (or use a stick blender in a bowl) and pulse a few times gently until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Combine with jarred marinara, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to a simmer.
- Combine minced garlic, remaining salt, panko, red pepper, meat, and egg in a large bowl. Mix gently until combined and shape into 12 meatballs, about the size of golf balls.
- Arrange a single layer on the same cooking sheet you used for the veggies. Broil about 6 inches from heat for about 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer meatballs to the sauce, and simmer for 4-8 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve the meatballs and sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with cheese.