One of the most challenging things for us is that we are always hungry after we work out. We should have a post-workout recovery shake with us, but we rarely do. On the weekend, hunger does unimaginable things to us -> It tempts us to go hunt for breakfast food! Therefore we generally enjoy going out for a power breakfast.
Our Favourite Post-Workout Beef Patty
Mark and I have been trying to eat in a lot more. It was rather hard until we perfected this little gem. It has everything we like, meat, vegetable, eggs, and it is super fast. Now, after our workout on Saturday or Sunday (actually almost after workouts), we will both crave for this.
Our ultimate paleo post-workout beef patty breakfast. Delicious! It is also ready in 15 minutes once the patties are made in advance.
Post-Workout Beef PattyPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef (we prefer ground sirloin - 90% / 10%)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 slices of raw pancetta from the packet, diced
- ¼ large onion
- ½ egg
- Use a food processor to fully diced up the onion.
- Pour the onion mix over a very fine-meshed sieve.
- Use a spatula to press out all its juice.
- Put ground beef, salt, egg, diced pancetta and onion paste into a big bowl.
- Knead with hand.
- Then divide into four equal portions. Ready for four servings.