Venison (deer meat) is a very healthy alternative to ground beef. If you are trying to cut back on fat, calories and cholesterol, you will be pleased to know that you can enjoy these juicy venison burgers as a heart-healthy meal. Venison contains less than half the calories of lean ground beef and also has only half the cholesterol. So if you’re looking for a more healthy burger, this is the recipe you want.
Because venison is generally only sold from specialty farms, farmers markets or harvested in the wild, the meat quality is usually much higher than beef bought in a grocery store. The taste is different from beef, but it is delicious and has that same “bite” of satisfaction.
A1 steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and kaiser rolls are a few of the ingredients that make this venison burger tastier.
My Secret To Juicy Venison Burgers
I’ll let you in on a secret. Do not flatten burgers with a spatula while cooking as this removes all of the juice and leaves them dry. You’re welcome!
Juicy Venison BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground venison
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh cracked pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of minced onion
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of A1 steak sauce (or steak sauce of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls
- sharp cheddar cheese slices
- tomato slices
- onion slices
- Dijon mustard
- deli sliced pickles
- Combine 1st ten ingredients until well mixed. Form into four even patties.
- These burgers can be grilled on an oiled grill, broiled or pan-fried in a cast-iron skillet (my preference). Cook until the centre is no longer pink.
- In the last minute of cooking, place cheese slices on top of patties to melt.
Place venison burgers on kaiser rolls and top with Dijon, tomato, lettuce, onion slices and pickles. Enjoy this healthy burger!