This turkey burger is the perfect dish to make when you have a busy schedule but would like to have an awesome weeknight dinner. This is a healthier option than the traditional beef burger in that it has less saturated fat. Whether you’re serving it to friends for barbecue night or just a fun dinner with the family, this dish is sure to impress.
Turkey BurgerPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of finely grated Gruyere cheese
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup of dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- sliced tomatoes, red or white onion, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and lettuce leaves, for serving
- Combine grated Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced scallions and dried breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Add Dijon mustard and minced garlic. Give it a good stir.
- Add turkey, salt, pepper and mix it.
- Gently form mixture into four 1-inch-thick patties. Keep patties in the fridge for some time.
- Take out the patties from the fridge and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill. Place patties on the hottest part of the grill. Cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Move the patties to the cooler part of the grill and continue grilling until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes per side.
- Apply ketchup on one bun and mayonnaise on another. Then arrange the tomato, onion, lettuce and patty in the bun.