I’d like to share this popular dish with my kids. This homemade chicken burger is a very healthy recipe to add any veggies of your choice.
Kids love eating fast food, which is not very healthy, but if you make the same food at home healthy, both mother and child will be satisfied.
My son loves chicken but not very fond of vegetables. So what I did was add chopped veggies to the chicken burger. This way, you can make your kids eat vegetables without knowing it.
Healthy Homemade Chicken BurgerPrint Recipe
- 500 grams of boneless chicken
- 1 cup of soy granules
- 2 medium-sized carrots, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 8 burger buns
- 1 large tomato, cut into round slices
- 1 cucumber, cut into round slices
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of American mustard sauce
- 8 slices of cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- lettuce leaves as needed
- 8 toothpicks
- Wash and clean the chicken. Cut it into cubes. Add one teaspoon of vinegar and keep it aside for 5 mins.
- Take a grinding jar and add the chicken cubes, onion cubes, carrot, capsicum and soy granules. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Start grinding until everything is mixed well.
- Add ginger, garlic and mixed herbs, and break the eggs onto the mixture. Grind it again for 30 seconds.
- Once the grinding is done, take out the chicken mixture and place it on a plate. Wet your hands with water and form medium-size balls with the chicken mix. Press it a little to make the shape of a burger.
- Keep the burgers in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or you can wrap them with cling wrap and store it until you want to make the burgers.
- Heat a pan and brush it with little oil. Add the chicken burger and fry both sides on a low flame. Cook until the burgers turn brown on both sides.
- Once all the burgers are fried, set them aside.
- Slice all the burger buns in half. Spread some butter on each side of the buns and lightly toast them in a pan.
- Now take one half of the bun and add some lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, onion rings, 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of American mustard sauce and sprinkle a little bit of pepper powder.
- Add one chicken burger, one slice of cheese and cover it with the other half of the bun. Put a toothpick from the top of the bun to hold everything together.
Best served with some fries on the side. Enjoy!