Having had dinner out Sunday night at a Chinese restaurant, I had soup dumplings on the brain. However, I also needed to rid our household of the last serving of turkey and gravy without turning them into sandwiches, which I had already packed for the kids’ lunches. So why not stuff potsticker wrappers with some minced turkey and cold gravy? And that’s precisely what I did with this recipe for yummy dumplings filled with leftover turkey and gravy.
I served these dumplings to the kids after school, and they had no idea that it was turkey and gravy. And they were so surprised by the afternoon dumplings that they were convinced that I was feeling guilty about something.
Yummy Dumplings Filled With Leftover Turkey and Gravy
- 1 cup minced turkey cooked
- 6 tablespoons gravy cold
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1 medium egg white
- Combine 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, 6 tablespoons of cold gravy, minced cooked turkey, and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock.
- Break an egg, and place egg white in a small bowl.
- Place a potsticker wrapper down on a clean surface. Dip a finger into the egg white, and wet the edges of the wrapper. Place a heaping tsp of filling mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Pack the filling down with a spoon. Bring up the ends of the wrapper to resemble a cannoli. Press the edges together to seal. Then bring up the other ends and seal completely.
- Place lettuce leaves down in a steamer. Place dumplings on the lettuce.
- Steam for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with hot chicken stock and garnish with chives.