This turkey tetrazzini deluxe is easy to prepare. You can serve this with biscuits, rice, toast points, or puff pastry shells. This ground turkey recipe is easy to make with the help of very simple ingredients. You can make this in 60 minutes or less, including prep time. Below is the recipe and step-by-step directions.
Heartwarming Turkey Tetrazzini DeluxePrint Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of minced onion
- 1 cup of minced green bell pepper
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked ground turkey
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans of water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika to taste
1. Bring to a boil your lightly salted water in a large pot. Add your pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). While preheating the oven, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add mushrooms, onion and pepper and saute until tender. Stir in Cream soup mushroom, chicken broth and water and cook, stirring, until hot. Add the pasta, cheddar cheese, peas, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and turkey.
4. Mix well and transfer the mixture to a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and paprika. You can also top it with sliced cherry tomatoes, optional.
5. Bake in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until hot through.