I have been meaning to put this soup recipe up for a while now. I even talked about sharing this delicious Turkey Rice Soup recipe with my friends.
And even though I have made this soup at least half a dozen times (yes, it’s that good) – I still didn’t share it here. If you are not in a cold-weather area, this soup is still worth making.
I will share how to make a turkey rice soup recipe with kale, carrots, and tomatoes in 30 minutes. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
This soup has made it into one of our staple “winter” or more like chilly time meals. Probably, because it’s super easy to make and it makes a good amount of food. I love when I can have a healthy, clean dinner done in 30 minutes and still have leftovers for the next day.
30-Minute Perfect Guilt-Free Turkey Rice Soup RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3-4 carrots chopped
- 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 32 ounces
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon each)
1. Start by preparing your rice—Cook 1 cup of rice to two cups of water. Follow directions according to your rice instructions.
2. Begin chopping your vegetables: onion, carrot, pepper, and kale, then set aside. I left my kale separate from the other three vegetables.
3. In a large pot, brown turkey meat with a bit of water (about 2 tablespoons) and add in onion, carrots and pepper. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
4. Turn down your turkey mixture to a low flame and add in your spices, crushed tomatoes, kale, and vegetable broth.
5. Once the rice is done cooking, scoop 2 cups of rice into the soup and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot.