I have been meaning to put this soup recipe up for a while now. I even talked about sharing this delicious Turkey Rice Soup recipe with my friends.
And even though I have made this soup at least half a dozen times (yes, it’s that good) – I still didn’t share it here. If you are not in a cold-weather area, this soup is still worth making.
I will share how to make a turkey rice soup recipe with kale, carrots, and tomatoes in 30 minutes. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
This soup has made it into one of our staple “winter” or more like chilly time meals. Probably, because it’s super easy to make and it makes a good amount of food. I love when I can have a healthy, clean dinner done in 30 minutes and still have leftovers for the next day.
30-Minute Perfect Guilt-Free Turkey Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 small white onion - chopped
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - chopped
- 4 medium carrots - chopped
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes - canned
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock (vegetable broth or vegetable bouillon) - or 32 ounces
- 3 cups kale - chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ tablespoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - to taste
- Start by preparing your rice—Cook 1 cup of rice to two cups of water. Follow directions according to your rice instructions.
- Begin chopping your vegetables: onion, carrot, pepper, and kale, then set aside. I left my kale separate from the other three vegetables.
- In a large pot, brown turkey meat with a bit of water (about 2 tablespoons) and add in onion, carrots and pepper. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Turn down your turkey mixture to a low flame and add in your spices, crushed tomatoes, kale, and vegetable broth.
- Once the rice is done cooking, scoop 2 cups of rice into the soup and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.