So winter to me means comfort food, and there is nothing more comforting than a big pot of homemade meatball soup. So put down those 100 calories per serving cans of soup and fire up the stove! This is my favourite Turkey Meatball Tomato soup recipe because it stays true to my desire to be fit and healthy. It’s packed with protein and veggies, is hearty, and one pot lasts me all week long.
Turkey Meatball SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 1-2 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 4 handfuls of fresh spinach, kale or collard greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and fennel seed and cook until golden and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine turkey, egg, Parmesan, garlic and nutmeg.
- Roll mixture into 24 balls.
- Roll into 24 balls and drop into the soup and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and let boil for additional 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if desired, and enjoy!