Turkey recipes!! Just saying it makes me happy! I love a good leftover recipe, and if you are here reading this, you need to check out this Gluten-Free Turkey Fiesta Soup recipe.
This might sound odd, but I love turkey leftover recipes that I make a TON of tempting appetizers and side dishes just so people get full fast and leave my dang turkey alone.. that way, I can think of something fun to do with that turkey and serve it to you the next few nights!!
When I first served this Gluten-Free Turkey Fiesta Soup, it was a big hit at our home. In fact, I took a big pot over to one of our recipe taster’s house too. This is nice because, with just three to four cups of cooked minced turkey, you can get a pot of soup that will feed eight! What a deal! Enjoy!
The Best Gluten-Free Turkey Fiesta SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (7 ounces) can of green chilies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked turkey, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
- ¼ cup sour cream, for serving (optional)
1. Heat up oil in a large stockpot on medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook till they begin to soften. Add the Jalapeño and red peppers. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook till they are also softened.
2. Add the garlic. Stir well and cook for about 1 minute or so, or until garlic begins to soften. Add the green chilis and stir well.
3. Add the tomato paste, stir well and cook for two minutes so that the raw tomato taste cooks off.
4. Add the spices. Mix well.
5. Add the gluten-free chicken broth and water. Stirring till well incorporated
6. Bring soup back up to a rolling boil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Lower temperature and then add chopped tomatoes, black beans and minced cooked turkey.
8. Simmer at medium-low temperature, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
9. Serve hot with cheese, sour cream and crumbled up tortilla chips. Enjoy!!